Arts Jobs - DetailPatron Services Manager
The Pasadena Playhouse
The Pasadena Playhouse, celebrating its 100th Anniversary, is one of the top resident theatres in the country. It presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to more than 140,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 647-seat Main Stage Theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By building a future centered on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, and the development of new plays, The Playhouse will boldly lead the community into the next 100 years of great theater.
Department: Marketing and Communications
Position: The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Pasadena Playhouse is looking for an exceptional individual to oversee our new patron services department. This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated and passionate candidate to lead staff and create the best customer service experience in Southern California. The patron services department is central to all operations at the theater and integral to the Playhouse’s strategy of expanding a loyal patron base.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, has a passion for customer service, loves theater, has experience with Tessitura (or other box office software), and has experience managing a staff. We are looking for an individual with strong initiative, great problem-solving ability and excellent communication skills.
- Ensuring the highest standard of customer service
- Handling customer service issues over the phone and at the window
- Managing Box Office staff, including interviewing, hiring, scheduling
- Developing & implementing box office policies
- Configuring & updating our phone center system settings
- Management and execution of daily sales reports
- Working with Controller & Finance Director to reconcile box office items as needed
- Writing box office communication letters
- Processing departmental special ticket requests (Press, Development, Marketing, Production)
- Managing third party ticketing relations (Goldstar, Today Tix etc.) including pricing, inventory, and seating
- Training staff on Tessitura
- Maintaining facilities and special events in Tessitura
- Strategizing improvements in using more Tessitura capabilities
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three to five years Box Office experience. Previous management experience and experience with Tessitura is highly preferred.
Supplemental Functions: Perform other duties as assigned. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move to 15 pounds.
Working Conditions: No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment; regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package include medical, dental, life insurance coverage and vacation, sick leave and holidays. Start date is immediate. The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
We work to maintain positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.