Arts Jobs - DetailResearch Coordinator
Ctrs. For Research on Creativity
POSITION: part-time (15 hrs./wk.)
CRoC partners with clients to evaluate their in-school and after-school programs (grades 3 – 12). Typically, these programs are offered in the visual, literary, media, and performing arts, yet our range of client programs include makers clubs, youth leadership programs, environmental stewardship, and cross-curricular studies.
CRoC engages clients in a collaborative process to design multi-dimensional studies that elicit valuable feedback on programmatic structure, content, outcomes, and impacts. CRoC seeks a Research Coordinator who will ensure that data are properly managed, distributed, stored, and archived and who communicates effectively with in-house and field personnel.
The Research Coordinator works with a small, dynamic team in the main office, located in Topanga, CA and with field personnel throughout the United States and abroad. CRoC seeks an emerging professional who has a demonstrated interest in the education of young people and in developing their research skills. The position is largely administrative, yet offers opportunities to directly contribute to study design and implementation. This position is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a career in research, information science, or education.
This position reports to the Director. The position will remain open until filled.
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Collaborative work style, solid work ethic, and willingness to contribute ideas to develop and improve systems, processes, and study management
- Working knowledge of SPSS
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to generate charts, graphs, and data presentation graphics
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google products (Drive, Mail, Excel, and Calendar, primarily)
- Demonstrated success with project management
- Act as point of contact for field teams regarding data collection (surveys, notes, audio, video, journals, and other materials)
- Receive, file, and archive data (hardcopy and Google Drive)
- Manage project data folders (hardcopy and Google Drive)
- Maintain project evaluation plans
- Maintain Google calendars simultaneously for multiple projects
- Scribe for conference calls/Skype sessions
- Receive, organize, and distribute (as needed related to data collection from field Research Assistants
- Assist in developing research protocols (focus groups, interviews, etc.)
- Assist and/or participate in survey scoring and data entry
- Maintain current files of CRoC assessment tools and instruments
CRoC is located in Topanga Canyon, please consider drive time investments before you apply.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you feel you are a good match for our company. Mail your resume and cover letter to Kim Zanti at firstname.lastname@example.org.