Arts Jobs - DetailMentorship participant
California Presenters (CP) is pleased to accept applications for the All California Leadership Program. Through this program, we offer a year-long, intensive one-on-one mentorship program aimed to assist arts presenters of diverse levels of experience in developing skills necessary to succeed as leaders in the field. We will hand-pair promising emerging or established administrators with well-respected, senior CP members who have demonstrated a personal commitment to advancing the professional development of new leaders in the presenting field.
Applicants may be either:
- Employed by an organization that is a member of California Presenters or
- Working for a community-based organization that does at least some presenting of professional performers and is not a current CP member.
*A presenting organization is defined as a civic, non-profit or community-based organization whose primary mission is the public presentation of creative, cultural and performing arts events featuring artists other than its own. This may include: Cultural centers, festivals, non-profit organizations, College and University-based presenters, City and County presenting organizations, museums, independent venues and performing arts centers.
There is no age limit or minimum number of years the applicant must been employed as a professional or served as a volunteer with a community-based presenter.
Program Benefits and Commitments Include:
- Hand-selected pairing with appropriate mentor
- Scholarship* to attend two consecutive CP Annual Membership Conferences
- Monthly phone call with mentor
- “Shadow Day” one-day site visit to mentor’s organization, travel and lodging covered by CP
- Occasional joint webinars and conference calls for entire cohort
- Participation in CP Professional Development webinars
- Access to the CP Listserve and other resources
- Continued involvement in CP following your mentorship year
- One year free CP membership for applicant’s organization, if not a current member.
Attendance at the 2017 & 2018 California Presenters Annual Membership Conferences
Participation in at least one phone call per month with mentor and 3-4 conference calls or webinars
Travel to mentor site for one-day, “shadow day” to occur prior to May 15, 2018
A CP selection committee will review all applications. Applicants that can demonstrate a strong interest in leadership development, expresses clarity in what they want to learn or be exposed to, a commitment to presenting the performing arts and enthusiasm for participating in a learning community will be the most competitive.
*Acceptance into the California Presenters All California Leadership Program includes a scholarship covering a preconference session, conference registration, hotel and transportation stipend to the 2017 Annual Membership Conference in San Francisco (May 31- June 2) and same for 2018 conference in Southern California (May 30-June 1). Scholarship recipients may be asked to work up to two hours during the conference and may be asked to share a hotel room with another scholarship recipient of the same gender..
Applications must be received VIA THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM no later than 5:00p.m. Friday, April 7, 2017. Applicants will be notified of their selection status via email no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.