Arts Jobs - DetailEditor, Surface Design Journal
Surface Design Association
Las Vegas, NM
Editor, Surface Design Journal
Surface Design Association and the Surface Design Journal seek an Editor tasked with leading the editorial vision and production of the quarterly Surface Design Journal.
The Journal Editor shall produce and edit the Surface Design Journal, an 80-page quarterly print and digital publication dedicated to exploring national and international trends in the field of fiber arts, surface design, and textiles/textile related media. While establishing the overall vision and planning annual themes for each Journal, the Editor will work closely with the Managing Editor, Art Director, Advertising Manager and contributing writers throughout the production process. This is a virtual position, and requires working closely with individuals in multiple time-zones. The Surface Design Association is a member-based, 501c3 non-profit organization. The Journal Editor reports directly to the Executive Director.
- The Editor must be passionate about contemporary fiber arts, informed and up to date on current artists, trends, exhibitions, conceptual themes, and leaders in the field.
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to work independently; attentive to project deadlines without direct supervision.
- Build and maintain relationships with artists, writers, curators, and innovators in the field.
- Must be open to creative virtual collaboration.
- 3+ years minimum experience in arts writing and editing for publication; fiber arts focus preferred. MA/MFA/PhD preferred, or equivalent experience.
For a detailed job description, email your request to SDJeditor@surfacedesign.org
To apply, please forward a cover letter and CV to SDJeditor@surfacedesign.org
Deadline for priority consideration: September 22, 2017