Arts Jobs - DetailArts Instructors
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
Job Description: Arts Instructors:
All Disciplines. We are currently looking for the following teaching artists:
Dancers ( hip hop preferred)
Do you have a calling to teach a specific art form to adults and/or kids in a variety of settings across North Orange County? We currently have several openings for driven individuals in a number of specific disciplines, who wish to use arts and culture to better their community . Work with one of the most respected nonprofits in the region, using your talents and gifts and alongside our existing group of Master Artists! Candidate’s primary responsibility would be in preparing world class lessons, teaching scintillating arts classes in the beautiful working environment of the Muckenthaler Cultural Center as well as at off-site locations in the region, and enriching the lives of your students. The Muckenthaler is located on 8.5 acres of perfectly landscaped parklands on a hill overlooking Fullerton.
Our Arts Education Outreach program has expanded from serving 1,000 students in 2009 at one site to over 21,000 students at 28 sites in 11 cities currently. Starting as an after school program, it has become multi-faceted reaching the underserved/at-risk children of our region. Our programs include scholarships for afterschool classes/camps; art classes for Crittenton foster care, HIS House Shelter, Skyview School for the homeless children of OC, schools, community centers; free school tours; free senior arts classes; free festivals; and arts programs for community nonprofits. We developed the first STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) programs in Orange County: (physics through animation, plate tectonics/earthquakes through ancient stories, photography and magazine production, among others). We have established an arts education program at the MUZEO in Anaheim where we will provide after school arts programs (STEAM, music recording, dance, visual arts, ceramics, etc.) We provide arts classes in correctional facilities, a refugee school, and a shelter for human trafficking victims.
WORK SCHEDULE- Part-time, with the possibility to turn into a Full-time Lead Artist position for the right person. Schedule to be determined. Some are based on a minimum of 10 student registrations per class. If the minimum number of student registrations is not met in these cases, the class will be cancelled. The teacher will be paid only if a class meets the minimum number of student registrations, and if the class runs. Many other classes are contracted and are not dependent on registration. Classes may be held both on- and off-site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and teach VAPA and Common Core Standards-based lessons in a specific medium for students of all ages: children to adults.
- Prepare and teach STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) programs. Training will be provided as necessary for STEAM programs.
- Discuss and demonstrate various artistic techniques of a specified medium.
- 2 years minimum experience in teaching arts to children and adults
- Familiarity with the VAPA and Common Core Standards for education
- Experience working with at-risk and underserved youth
- Work well with public and staff - have a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Have a current California Drivers license, valid auto insurance
- Be able to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and objectives
- Be able to work independently, under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality.
- Must have the ability to recruit and retain students in your program.
- Bilingual Korean or Spanish a plus
- Job Offer is contingent on passing a background check.
$25-$60 per hour, DOE
Please email your resume and cover letter and direct all questions to:
Janette Pyun, Chief Operations Officer
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
DISCLAIMER This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Address: 1201 W. Malvern Ave.,