Arts Jobs - DetailAssociate Director of Development
Oakland Symphony seeks an energetic and creative Associate Director of Development to manage the Symphony’s fundraising efforts. The role fits into a small, dedicated staff where creative duties are shared, initiative is valued and culture is of prime importance.
This position requires supreme organizational skills to ensure the internal operations of the organization are on track and are organized while managing a blizzard of details elegantly. Overall, this person is responsible for planning, supporting, and assisting in all development activities for the Oakland Symphony including community campaigns, corporate campaigns,
foundation and government grant writing/reports, the annual gala, and the individual/board planning process.
- Plan, create, and implement development revenue and expense budgets
- Maintain the calendar for grants, sponsorships, direct mail, gala, and annual fund
- Work closely with marketing staff in what is a highly integrated approach to buildingpatron loyalty across the organization deadlines
- Communicate the calendar to other staff and make sure the organization stays ahead of deadlines
- Maintain accurate project statistics, donor records, budget reports, and grant documents
- Research, write and submit all grants and final reports
- Implement all aspects of donor recognition and benefits (sponsors, grants, and individuals)
- Oversee Development Associate and Special Events Coordinator positions and duties
Demonstrate good customer relations skills in dealing with Symphony donors,
volunteers, patrons, and employees.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Attend all concerts in order to meet and build relationships with donors of all levels and assist where needed
- Attend and support all special events
- Participate in all meetings of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
Reports to : Director of Development and Communications
About the Oakland Symphony
The Oakland Symphony celebrates its 28th season in 2017—2018 with Music Director Michael Morgan conducting a six-concert subscription season and continuing community programming
that reflects and responds to Oakland’s dynamic social landscape. As a flagship cultural organization in a city known for inclusion, innovation and dynamic change, the Oakland Symphony takes pride in embracing and reflecting Oakland’s diversity, maverick creative spirit,
individualism and style. The Symphony serves thousands of people in the Bay Area through its concerts and education programs, including the Oakland Symphony Youth Orchestra, the Oakland Symphony Chorus, and its national award winning MUSE (Music for Excellence) program.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, CV/resume, salary requirements, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Associate Director of Development” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Principals only. No phone calls please.
Oakland Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 1440 Broadway, Suite 405