Arts Jobs - DetailInstructional Support Specialist, Part-Time, As Needed
Lane Community College, Division of the Arts
Part-time, as needed, Studio Arts Instructional Support Specialist to assist students and faculty in college art studios, classes or other areas under the guidance of faculty and the dean. Requires knowledge and skill in contemporary two-dimensional and three-dimensional methods, materials and equipment; strong organizational skills, reliability, flexibility in working with change; knowledge of and skill in the operation of office and lab equipment.
- Responsible for oversight, maintenance and organization of art facilities across campus, in conjunction with assigned faculty and with an emphasis on instructional support.
- Assist students in completion of assignments and assists instructors according to specific instructions; provide positive reinforcement and encourage students.
- Ensure safe studio practices are maintained; oversee and assist students in clean up of work or other areas in both 2D and 3D areas.
- Provide general assistance to students; resolve simple issues that arise with students; seek input on new situations; Report other issues to an instructor or manager on duty.
- Coordinate activities and provide daily support for work studies and LETS workers under the specific instructions from faculty/dean; provide priorities, and assist with daily tasks.
- Maintain studios, equipment and surrounding areas, and make minor repairs as assigned; close and lock studios; check to make sure all equipment is shut down appropriately. Assist 3D ceramics and sculpture instructional support and faculty when assigned or needed.
- Provide simple instructional and technical support for students. This may include providing safety demonstrations of tools, materials and processes for related work as appropriate.
- Monitor studio spaces, equipment, and supplies as directed by faculty; communicate studio policies to students and community visitors; oversee access to the art studios.
- Work with cooperatively with faculty to coordinate supervised open studio scheduling in the facilities and in teaching duties in the studio.
- Work with the staff and faculty to order supplies and arrange for delivery and unloading.
High school graduation or equivalent is required.
One (1) year of general office and/or studio experience with substantial public contact or teacher’s aide experience is required.
BA or higher in art studio with a broad knowledge of two-dimensional and three-dimensional art techniques, process, and studio production.
- Combination of education and experience directly related to a college art studio instruction, support or maintenance.
- Preference given to candidates with the familiarity of a community college environment and mission.
- Tutoring students in the visual arts.
- Ability and interests in supporting both two-dimensional and three-dimensional media areas.
- Experience and/or interest in graphic design, updating websites and social media.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered qualifying. Applicants are responsible to show how their personal training and experience would qualify them for the position
Experience and bilingual proficiency in Spanish/Asian languages is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity is expected.
$12.30 - $13.39 Hourly (Classified Hourly Pay Grade 5)
Part-Time, as needed position; Variable work hours based on department needs; Schedule may vary with hours increasing during peak periods, up to 1039 hours in a 12 month period.
Equity and Inclusion
Demonstrate Lane’s core value of social justice by ensuring equity and competency skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee interpersonal communications and relationships in all position responsibilities. This is done regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
To see the this job posting and to apply online: https://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/8475
All applications must be submitted through Lane Community College's online employment website.
For assistance with the online application call 541-463-5586 or email@example.com
No letters of reference or additional documents accepted.
Addressee:Lane Community College
Address: 4000 E 30th Ave