Arts Jobs - DetailEnvironmental Artist/Illustrator
Los Angeles, CA
Free Lance Environmental Artist(s) Wanted
Readysetz, LLC designs and markets large, detailed 3-D playsets. Our first playset was the multi-award winning Urban Playset. To understand what we do, take a look at www.readysetz.com.
We are looking for one or more environment artists to help create detailed photo-realistic graphics for the next in a series of new playsets and 3-D dioramas. The artist will also participate in the conceptualization of the playset(s).
- Extensive experience designing a diverse visual range of environments and related props, such as space stations, fantasy landscapes, Main Street America and more.
- Strong understanding of conceptualizing 3-D design and strong visual style.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator and Photoshop_ and 3-D illustration programs like Vectorworks.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and the ability to overlay graphics on schematics. A set design background is extremely helpful but not required.
- Willingness to complete an art test, if requested to do so.
Our primary audience is kids, so being a kid at heart is key.
To apply, please submit the following on-line:
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills.
- Cover Letter including your availability, general compensation range, ability to meet short deadlines, and thoughts about why you like the toy and would be a good fit for the company. The more specific you can be the better. (Telling us you are responsible, work well with others, etc. is not really helpful. Not too many applicants say they are irresponsible and don’t work well with others. But examples of those, and other, traits are very helpful.)
ReadySetz is a hard working, but fun, creative environment. Most of us work from home and/or studios and meet weekly in Orange County (near train station). Compensation and benefits are based on experience.
Readysetz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.