Arts Jobs - DetailPerforming Arts/Box Office Technician
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Performing Arts/Box Office Technician
Salary: $3,298.00 Monthly
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Job Type: Classified Contract
Department: Visual and Performing Arts
Job Number: 17-18/00064
Closing: 12/15/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, provides responsible clerical and administrative support within the Visual and Performing Arts Division; oversees Theatre Box Office operations, including ticket orders, reconciliation of daily sales, management and coordination of front of house, training ushers, and maintaining online ticketing system; participate in marketing and promotional activities, including maintaining VPA websites, social media, and the creation of annual promotional materials, posters, and programs; perform general clerical duties as assigned.
- May collaborate with the faculty, staff, and dean in the School of the Visual and Performing Arts and with Marketing to develop publicity campaigns and to promote School and campus-wide events.
- Work closely with the Dean, Visual and Performing Arts and Marketing in the production of radio, television, newspaper and other promotional material.
- May work closely with Marketing in the designs of advertising copy and advertise events in multiple platforms to facilitate attendance.
- Work with the faculty, staff, and dean to promote special events, manage ticket availability, and oversee season ticket and other promotional programs.
- Receive and process counter, phone, web, online, and mail ticket orders/distribution.
- Maintain and oversee printed and online ticketing systems.
- Reconcile cash sales/receipts and follow through with Accounting Services for the depositing of funds accordingly.
- Oversee concessions and associated budgets.
- Train ushers, establish usher protocols, and oversee student workers assisting with the front of house.
- Facilitate and manage the front of house, including coordinating with directors, stage managers, and Theater staff.
- Perform duties for the Visual and Performing Arts Dean's office, such as answering phones, helping students, filing, copying, delivering office mail, preparing absence reports, assisting with time sheets.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities specific to this position.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
1. Develop and implement Box Office operations.
2. Operate modern cash registers and office equipment.
3. Establish priorities, work under pressure to meet deadlines, organize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
4. Work with Marketing in the production and printing of publications and promotional materials in an effective and appropriate manner.
5, Reconcile cash accounts.
6. Effectively use current technology, including online ticketing systems, website maintenance, and social media advertisements; learn and adapt to changing technology.
7. Proficient use of word processing programs and office technology (Word, Excel, etc.)
8. Communicate effectively in English; write, edit, and proof written copy for publications, broadcast, and other media outlets; and follow and give oral and written directions.
9. Communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
1. Front of house activities and operations.
2. Generally accepted office practices, procedures, and equipment including computers and standard office applications..
3. Current technology including modern cash registers, online ticketing systems, website maintenance, and social media.
4. Basic arithmetic
5. Cash handling procedures including receipting, accountability, deposits, and security.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Two (2) years of experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of front of house activities and operations.
- Associate's degree in Communications or the Performing Arts.
- One (1) year of experience using generally accepted office practices and equipment.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using education to meet the qualifications)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 13 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $3,298. Excellent benefit package.
To Apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1127269