Arts Jobs - DetailStudent Assistant
California Arts Council
The California Arts Council’s (CAC) mission is advancing California through the arts and creativity. The four goals of the agency include 1) Building public will and resources for the arts- ensure strong support for the arts statewide among the public, elected officials, and decision makers; 2) Diversity, access and partnerships- Ensure the CAC’s work is reflective of California’s diverse populations and accessible to all; 3) Thought leadership- Establish the CAC as a leading authority and champion for the arts in California, regionally, and nationally; 4) Programs and services- Ensure programmatic excellence, effectiveness, and relevance in all of the CAC’s programs and services. CAC believes that Californians can thrive from public support for creativity and the arts. Our agency mission, goals and objectives are intended to ensure that the arts are recognized, celebrated, and supported in communities across the state.
The California Arts Council’s recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. CAC employees are the vital link that ensures its vision, mission and values are fully realized. To that end, the CAC strives to ensure that its workforce is drawn from the broadest segments of society and reflects the diversity of California.
In order to assist Associate Governmental Programs Analysts in ensuring that the agency’s contracts and procurement process meets state regulations, the incumbent will:
- Review and track over 1100 contracts ensuring that all returned contracts are complete.
- Follow up with program staff and/or vendor for additional information and/or for contract and accounting forms that have not been returned by the due date.
- Processes and files complete contract documents according to Agency procedure. Performs mail merge and mails executed contract to vendor.
- Assist with records retention and office re-organization of previous and current executed contract files. Builds digital vendor files.
- Updates Grant Management System with Purchase order information.
In order to assist the Supervising Accounting Officer and Accountant I in ensuring that the agency’s accounting process meets state regulations, the incumbent will:
- Audits over 2000 local assistance grant payments for accuracy and prepare for payment.
- Creates payment vouchers using the FI$Cal accounting system and submits to the SCO for approval.
- Updates Grant Management System with payment information.
- Files Accounting paperwork in vendor files
In order to assist the Staff Services Manager I in administering agency-wide programs, the incumbent will:
- Build Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform research on a variety of operational issues and assist with building a needs-assessment of the Agency.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement and presents data or information to management. Provides input in procedure development to implement recommended changes/processes.
Other functions such as:
- Office Manager/Facilities coordination
- Special projects
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of: Elementary principles and procedures as required by the hiring department.
Ability to: Reason logically and creatively and adopt a course of action, write effectively and establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the work.
- Proficiency with a personal computer and MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to write comprehensively and effectively, demonstrating ability to communicate with all levels of management, peers, and external customers.
- Organize and structure work for effective performance and goal attainment and the ability to set and balance priorities.
- Dependable; responsible; positive attitude.
- Ability to lead and participate in teams.
- Ability to provide objective overview of situations.
- Willingness to accept challenges, handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain required job schedule.
- Use diplomacy and be resourceful.
Work, Environment, Physical and Mental Abilities
- Professional office environment, appropriate business attire required.
- Daily use of phone, copiers, and general office and communication equipment.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, related software applications and the Internet at a workstation.
- Use of hand cart to transport documents and/or equipment up to 15-20 lbs.