Arts Jobs - DetailBooking Agent
The Historic Spreckels Theatre
San Diego, CA
The Spreckels Theatre seeks a booking agent well versed with both the San Diego community and performance scene. A natural go-getter, extremely proactive, personable, and creative individual. Someone who can identify a group or individual in need of a classical venue such as ours, and approaches the potential booking with a welcoming attitude.
Handle incoming inquiries related to public and private event bookings for The Spreckels Theatre main stage and our sister Black Box venue, The Geoffrey Off Broadway
- Establish new revenue-generating opportunities; targeting events on both local and national map
- Proactively establish relationship with press and local businesses to build community awareness of bookable space
- Research and meet with local performers, speakers, community organizations, or presentation groups for booking opportunities
- Develop presentations and sales materials
- Work to fill our booking schedule as much as possible!
- Build a Rentable Spaces Facility Package for internal and external clients which include current photos and CAD’s.
- Execute and confirm legal documents for venue agreements, insurance, cost estimates, and Proformas.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience within the Live Entertainment industry; specifically booking events in a non producing/presenting large public facility/arena/stadium.
- Event booking and logistics of events experience required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Ticketmaster and Ticketmaster contracts.
- Post-secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Live Entertainment industry and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and close deals.
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must show very strong listening and communication skills.
- Organized, independent, creative and comfortable, results-driven self-starter.
- Experienced in financials, budgets, and Proformas.
- Experience working in a Hospitality environment will be considered an asset.
- Strong administrative background with the ability to use MS Office Suite and Outlook Mail.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal event scheduling and finance procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments to achieve the highest level of productivity.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
The Spreckels Theater is a historic San Diego gem, and one of the most recognizable theatres on the West Coast. Built in San Diego, California, in 1912, it was touted as "the first modern commercial playhouse west of the Mississippi.” It has been the stage for A-listers like Conan O’Brien to local groups with large roots such as the San Diego Ballet.
Offer Commission percentage plus Expense compensation.
Based on bookings.
3 years experience in this field.
A background in entertainment and experience in sales and booking events for a Rental House.
Entertainment, Events Services, and Performing Arts
Commission with Expense compensation.
Booking Events, Managing Contracts and Calendars, Public Relations,Sales,Research