Arts Jobs - DetailTicketing and Patron Services Clerk
Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center at College of the Canyons
Santa Clarita, CA
PART TIME HOURLY--AVERAGE OF 20 HOURS PER WEEK
Under the supervision of the Manager, Ticketing and Patron Services, the Ticketing and Patron Services Clerk performs varied clerical duties in support of box office and patron services activities and functions for all events held at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center (PAC). Assists customers with purchasing tickets, provides customer service, and assists with the efficient and effective operations of Performing Arts Center events and activities. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Assists Manager, Ticketing and Patron Services with coordination of all box office and patron services operations and activities.
- Processes ticket orders and oversees the daily preparation of ticket orders for events at the PAC. Fulfills ticket orders using ticketing software to sell tickets to customers in person, over the telephone, by mail, and on-line. Handles the daily preparation of outgoing ticket sales in accordance with office policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Performs varied clerical and office support duties, such as creating and maintaining office files, records, reports, and correspondence required for reference and efficient standard operations.
- Provides customer service for the Box Office and Patron Services Office. Answers multiple telephone lines and assists patrons with general questions and event information at both the Box Office ticket window and over the telephone.
- Responds to requests for information from the campus community and general public in an efficient and friendly manner. Handles and resolves customer complaints, questions, ticket problems, and customer service issues in a fair, professional, and courteous manner.
- Performs opening and closing duties of daily business operations, including cash handling, cash reporting, and data entry. Maintains responsibility for following appropriate cash handling and management procedures.
- Provides Box Office and Patron Services support duties during events at night and on weekends as required.
- Screens, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail, documents, and packages.
- Assists with the monitoring, training, and work direction of adult hourly and/or college assistants, as directed.
- Cross-trains and performs the essential duties of equal or lower level classifications/ positions within the department, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
One (1) year of full-time equivalent experience providing customer service to the public.
High school diploma or its equivalent. Coursework in word processing, business office organization, and other related administrative support skills is desired.
Education equivalent to an Associate’s degree (60 semester units) from an accredited institution.
Additional years of experience providing customer service to the public.
Working knowledge of performing and visual arts is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications – Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Work weekdays, nights, and/or weekends as scheduling needs dictate.
Learn, interpret, and apply policies, guidelines, and operational procedure on all aspects of the Box Office operations to successfully problem solve and address customer needs.
Consistently handle a high call volume and maintain composure and accuracy for each transaction while providing excellent customer service.
Offer ideas that enhance the programs offered and work being executed, participate in problem solving and suggest viable positive solutions.
Work effectively and demonstrate current knowledge with computers and other forms of advanced technology utilized in providing high quality services.
Assume responsibility for routine clerical detail.
Establish and maintain comprehensive, accurate files and records, prepare concise, complete reports as required.
Use interpersonal skills with tact, patience, courtesy and diplomacy; be flexible.
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Understand and carry out oral and written directions in a timely manner to meet organizational and customer satisfaction levels.
Work effectively in an environment with the potential for interruptions; change priorities as needed.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and others connected in the performance of duties.
Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in performing day-to-day work and special assignments.
Show willingness to participate in cross-training activities; ability to learn quickly and retain new information.
- Demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and community members.
Position requires sitting and viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time plus frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing staircases; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and related equipment; stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling; exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects from time to time; hearing and speaking to communicate and provide information to others; vision to read printed material and computer monitor; handling and working with various materials and objects; and travel from site-to-site.
Address: 26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd.