Arts Jobs - DetailPiano Teacher, Voice Teacher, Guitar Teacher, Violin Teacher, & Group Teacher
Opus 1 Music Studio
Opus 1 Music Studio is a highly rated music school with 6,000 sq/ft of music studio space in Palo Alto and Mountain View. We are in the process of expanding and are looking for music teachers and accompanists for a variety of positions. We're currently seeking piano teachers, violin teachers, voice teachers, and guitar teachers for morning, afternoon, and evening teaching hours. We are also looking for teachers available for substitute teaching and group lesson teachers.
Opus 1 provides full-time administrative support for all scheduling, makeup lessons, enrollment, accounting, and recital/exam/contest registration. Teachers are not responsible for any logistical work outside of communications with students/parents and teaching responsibilities. We currently have 40+ teachers with full schedules. Lessons are taught on-site at our school - no home lessons.
We are committed to offering competitive compensation based on your teaching experience and work performance, mentorship, and professional development (potentially full-time W2 with base salary and bonus).
- Bachelor's degree in music (preference given to those who've earned MM/MA and/or DM/PhD degrees)
- Live in the bay area with consistent and reliable transportation to arrive in Mountain View/Palo Alto on time for lessons
- Experience teaching and performing
- Exceptional communication skills with both students and parents
- Willingness to work with parents and students to design personalized lesson plans that cater to a student's independent goals and needs
- Ability to learn and adapt to new teaching environment and requirements
- Experience preparing students for performances and exams
- Knowledge of ABRSM Practical and Theory Exams or willingness to learn how to prepare students for these exams
- Ability to manage teaching schedule through our school app/website and adhere to strict attendance policies
- English proficiency
- Legal working status
SCHEDULE & AVAILABILITY
- Available teaching hours are dependent on demand and range between Sunday-Saturday, mornings, afternoons, and evenings. We will work with you to set available teaching hours consistent and aligned with your schedule, though preference is given to those available within open and in-demand hours.
- Accompanists must be available for evening rehearsals, weekend recital performances, and exams (range in time and day)
- Substitute teachers must be available within 24-hour notice
- Professional full time staff who handle all administrative work (Marketing/Sale, Enrollment, Scheduling, Logistics, Billing/Payment and all other customer service operations)
- High quality Yamaha Pianos, in a high-quality teaching environment
- Recital/Performance opportunities for your students 3 times a year or more
- Certification training for group class teachers, fully developed curriculum
- You get paid even for student no-show when lessons are canceled within 24 hours
- High demand for teachers in the area - we will fill your schedule quickly
- Pay is $35-$50/hour dependent on experience and education
Contact us now to join the Opus 1 Family! Please visit www.musicopus1.com/jobs/ to submit your application.
Addressee:4131 El Camino Real