Artist Call DetailCall for Art: 2017 Day of the Dead Exhibit
For SF Bay Area artists
CALL FOR ART – SUN GALLERY DAY OF THE DEAD 2017 EXHIBIT
Day of the Dead~Dia de los Muertos Art and Altars
The Sun Gallery invites submissions from emerging and prominent artists from our local area as well as the greater Bay Area.
Important Dates and Details for the 2017 Sun Gallery Day of the Dead Exhibit:
Thursday Oct. 13 - Saturday Nov. 4
Last submittal date to be on the postcard: Monday Sept. 25 (by 9 am)
Last submittal date for show: Friday Oct. 6 (9 am) on a space available basis.
Drop off dates for art: Sat. Oct. 7 from 12-3 and Sunday Oct. 8 from 12-3 pm (if you are building an altar you can set up on these days from 11-4)
Celebration and Artists Reception: TBA from 2-6 (lunch/dinner fundraiser: $5 plate - authentic Mexican food)
Pick up of work: Sunday Nov. 14 from 12-4 (or by special arrangement)
Artwork can be any media including, but not limited to, painting,
sculpture, glass-work, ceramics, altars, drawing, photography and
The gallery will be using an extensive mailing list for publicity.
The following are the guidelines and fees for the show:
1) Fee: Members: $25 for up to 3 pieces not to exceed 24 sq. feet in wall area, and $5 per additional piece. Altars: $25 (you will build yourself, we provide the table and space) Non-members: $35 /3 pieces
same as above.
Submission of Works:
2) You may email your contact information, including your E-Mail address and phone number, along with your jpeg images to
firstname.lastname@example.org with "2017 Day of the Dead" in the subject line or by regular mail to 1015 E St., Hayward CA 94541-5210.
JPEGs should be no larger than 8” in height and 300 dpi maximum.
Please name your files as follows: firstinitial.lastname.title.jpg.
If you are submitting via CD, please use the same criteria.
Artists will be notified on an ongoing basis if their art has been selected for this show. If your work is chosen to be part of the show you will be e-mailed a contract and an inventory list.
Group and/or student submissions from High School art teachers are welcome and will be free.
3) You can pick up postcard invitations at the gallery prior to the show, or if you want them mailed to you, add another $5.00. Please make your check payable to Sun Gallery. If you wish to pay by credit card you can come to the gallery or call during regular business hours.
4) Artists must identify their work with a label attached to the front of the artwork with: name, title of the art piece, medium, and price. All of this information must also be submitted on your inventory sheet. This info will be used for the wall labels. All wall mounted work must be wired and ready to hang, matted and framed or edges gallery wrapped and finished. No special installation
requirements and no ceiling mounted works are eligible. We reserve the right to refuse accepted work that arrives damaged, is too fragile to be exhibited or was misrepresented in submission.
5) If you submit one, a one-page artist statement or bio will be displayed in a binder that accompanies the show.
6) Sun Gallery does not provide art insurance on your work. The Gallery will take every precaution to ensure the safety of your pieces, however, we cannot be held responsible for theft or damage to your work while on the gallery premises. Each artist, if they wish, may provide their own insurance.
7) Sun Gallery will keep a 30% commission on any sale of artwork.
8) No artwork will be removed from exhibition during the show.
9) Artists: Deliver uncrated, ready to hang or show, artwork to the Sun Gallery on the following dates: Saturday, October 7 from 12 –3.and Sunday, October 8 from 12 - 3 (altar building will be from 11-4 on Oct. 7 and 8)
10) If the above dates do not work for you, please contact Dorsi Diaz, the Artistic Director, at 510.581.4050 - tel:510.581.4050 to make alternative arrangements.
If you are interested in volunteering to help at this event, please contact Sun Gallery
Contact: Dorsi Diaz
email: Dorsi Diaz