Artist Call Detail'The 60's and 70's Revisited'
For Northern CA artists
The Sun Gallery is accepting submissions for our upcoming 'The 60's and 70's Revisited' Exhibit.
Submissions will be limited to three pieces (approximately a 60” x 60” total square space of wall), or one or two larger artworks. If your work is three dimensional, please submit up to three pieces, but be certain to include the dimensions. In most cases all submitted work will be accepted (this is, after all, your exhibition), but we need to see it in advance so that we can plan appropriately for installation.
The show dates will be August 18 to Sept. 30, 2017, at the Sun Gallery in Hayward. Artwork will be juried for entry digitally or by photo at no cost to the artist, but you must be a member of Sun Gallery to participate. If you are not already a member, read below for how to join us and participate in the exhibit.
Artwork can be any media including photos from the 60's and 70's, vintage clothing, ticket stubs, album covers, blue lights, psychedelic art, painting, collage, lava lamps, concert posters, sculpture, photography, glass-work, ceramics, drawing, mixed media and assemblage. Use your imagination with this one! The final deadline for consideration of your work in the show is Tuesday, August 8th. However, if you wish to have your artwork images considered for our postcard, the final deadline for consideration is earlier, Thursday, July 27th!
Submission of Works:
Please email your contact information along with your jpeg images of your submissions. JPGs should be no larger than 8” in height and 300 dpi maximum. Please name your files as follows: firstinitial.lastname.title.jpg. You may also submit via CD using the same format.
We need 300dpi images for press releases and postcards, so if you have digital images that size, please send them.
Please send us your photos, either by email to: email@example.com subject line: 'The 60's and 70's Revisited' or by regular mail to 1015 E St., Hayward CA 94541.
Artists will be notified on an ongoing basis if their art has been selected for this show. If your work is chosen to be part of the show you will be sent a contract and inventory list:
- Show Fee: $30.00 for up to 3 pieces of art not to exceed 25 sq. feet of wall area. There will be an additional fee of $5.00 per artwork for each piece exhibited after the initial three. You can pick up postcard invitations at the gallery for your own use. If you are not already a Sun Gallery member, you may join the Gallery for this show for a discounted fee of $25 (seniors-$20) Our memberships expire on 12/31/2017. There will be 2 more shows in 2017 in which you may be interested in participating: The Day of the Dead and the Holiday Boutique.
- Artists must identify their work with a label attached to the front of the art with: name, title of the art piece, medium, and price. This information will be used for the wall labels. All wall mounted work must be wired and ready to hang, matted and framed, or edges gallery wrapped and finished. No special installation requirements and no ceiling mounted works are eligible. We reserve the right to refuse accepted work that arrives damaged, is too fragile to be exhibited or was misrepresented in submission.
DROP OFF DATES FOR YOUR WORK: SUNDAY AUGUST 6TH FROM 12-3 OR MONDAY AUGUST 7TH FROM 12-3
- You will need to bring or mail a completed inventory sheet with the same information as above, and a signed contract with your fees.
- A one page artist statement or biography will be displayed in a show binder if you supply us with one.
- Sun Gallery does not provide art insurance on your work. The Gallery will take every precaution to ensure the safety of your pieces, however, we cannot be held responsible for theft or damage to your work while on the gallery premises. Each artist, if they wish to have it, needs to provide their own insurance.
- Sun Gallery will keep a 30% commission on any sale of artwork.
- Art Pick Up at the end of the show will be on Friday October 6th and and Saturday October 7th from 12pm - 3pm.
- Be sure to join us for the ARTISTS RECEPTION planned for Saturday, August 26th from 1-4pm. Please note: The participating artists will be providing finger foods or beverages for the event.
Peace Out, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
The Sun Gallery
Building Community Through Creativity
1015 E St. Hayward. Ca.
Gallery Hours:Friday-Sun. 11 am - 5pm
The Sun Gallery is a 50lc3 non-profit organization supported in part by the City of Hayward, H.A.R.D., its membership, ACAC ARTSFUND Grant, El Taquito #2 Hayward, Dr. Marion Kramer, Assemblyman District 20 Bill Quirk, Joy Rowan & Bruce Barret and Carpenters Union Local 713.
Sun Gallery - Hayward Area Forum of the Arts