Artist Call DetailPlacer Principal
For California artists
Placer County has boasted a lively art community for decades where talented artists in a wide variety of media participate in annual studio tours and themed exhibitions. Since 1958 when the Placer Artists League first formed, their members have regularly exposed Placer County residents to their work and inspirations. Blue Line Arts will be presenting the best artists in Placer County by selecting 20 artists to showcase two of their works for the exhibition.
The Blue aka Blue Line Arts is a one of a kind gem situated in the heart of downtown Roseville. Our small yet mighty team manages high-quality educational arts opportunities, state-of-the art contemporary exhibits and features a host of artistic variety for visitors and residents to experience.
The state-of-the-art museum quality gallery hosts local, national and international artists and exhibitions accessible to all with free admission.
The Blue is a leader in the region, promoting artists and collaborating with other arts organizations. Blue Line Arts mission is to create a vibrant community through the arts including strengthening the creative sector for long term sustainability, quality cultural experiences, and life long learning.
Application deadline: September 8th, 2017. Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST.
Exhibit Dates: October 13, 2017 – November 25, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: September 12th, 2017. Notifications of the results will be sent by 5pm PST. The e-mail address listed on the application form will be used to send out notifications.
Art Drop Off: Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts on October 8th or 9th, 2017 from 10am to 3pm
Opening Art Reception: October 21st, 2017 from 5-8:30pm with an Artist Lecture from 5-6pm
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: November 26th and 27th, 2017 from 10-3pm
Application fee: Free
- Open to all artists residing in Placer County.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Limitation and restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last two years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions and receives a 50% commission from all gallery sales for non-members and a 40% commission for members.
- Accepted artwork which differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date.
- Size limitations:
- Artwork must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91” w.
- Ceilings in gallery are 10 feet tall.
Application requirements: Applicants must apply using the online application form below. There is no fee for all applicants.
Questions: If you have any questions about submitting to the Placer Principle, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Line Arts