Artist Call DetailTeam LEWIS Foundation: Orbital
For SF Bay Area artists
Orbital: San Francisco
Orbital is a project that provides artists the opportunity to display work in LEWIS offices world-wide. Orbital displays are currently located in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Dusseldorf, Antwerp, Milan, Boston and San Diego.
The current opportunity is a call for entries that will be displayed in the office in Downtown San Francisco, CA.
Subject matter is entirely open, but submitted work should explore the theme of “Inspired by a Famous Lewis” – such as C.S. Lewis (Narnia), Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland), Merriweather Lewis (Lewis & Clark exploration), Emmanuel Lewis (Webster), Lewis Hamilton (race track driver), and John Lewis (Civil rights activists).
Themes could include (but are not limited to) fantasy, whimsy, adventure, comedy, activism, speed racing, back-to-the-future, the Old West and collaboration.
- Selected works, will be exhibited at the LEWIS office in San Francisco, CA, for a 12-month period and chosen by:
- Dara Sklar - Vice President at LEWIS, San Francisco, CA
- Kira Gaber - Director of Finance at LEWIS, San Francisco, CA
- Joshua Y’Barbo – PhD Candidate at Chelsea College of Arts, London, UK
- The display is organized by the Team LEWIS Foundation.
July 31st – Submission deadline
August 25th – selection and confirmation of artworks
Sept 1st – Installation
Conditions of Entry
- 1. The call for entries is open to any artist who is currently working in painting, drawing, printmaking (traditional or digital), digital media, or design.
- 2. Print-quality (high resolution) images should be submitted for consideration. Files must include artist name, titles, dimensions, medium and year. Each submission can include up to 6 images.
- 3. A short statement (100 words max) and CV of the artist should be submitted alongside images.
- 4. The above assets should be sent via Dropbox to Kira Gaber email@example.com.
- 5. Artists of the selected works will be contacted to arrange for delivery of works. Artists are responsible for shipping costs in the instance that local delivery is not possible.
- 6. Artists of the selected works will be provided an Artist Agreement Form that muse be signed and emailed.
- 7. All submissions are due on July 31st and the selected artists will be notified by August 25th.
Team LEWIS Foundation
San Francisco, CA
Contact: Kira Gaber