Artist Call DetailstARTup Art Fair Chicago: Call for Independent Artists
For International artists
stARTup Art Fair Chicago is a juried contemporary art fair for independent artists.
The fair runs September 15-17, 2017 at the ACME Hotel in the River North District, within blocks of the Navy Pier where EXPO Chicago takes place the same weekend. Participating artists will have a fantastic opportunity to expose new work to a myriad of collectors, curators, gallery owners, art consultants, and writers who will be coming to Chicago for a weekend of contemporary art.
stARTup Art Fair’s mission is to provide a marketplace that gives artists the power to present and sell work on their own terms. All sales proceeds belong 100% to the artists.
The deadline to apply is July 7th, 2017. Those selected from the open application process will each take over a hotel room to present a solo show of their work. Through its democratic, online application, stARTup Art Fair gives artists the opportunity to have their work reviewed by an impressive, influential Selection Committee with a diverse range of art world professionals that includes:
- Diana Al-Hadid, Widely exhibited, New York-based artist
- Allison Glenn, Manager of Publications and Curatorial Associate, Prospect New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- Sabina Ott, Artist, educator, curator, and Founder of Terrain Exhibitions, Oak Park, IL
- Andrew Rafacz, Owner, Andrew Rafacz Gallery, Chicago, IL
- Julie Rodrigues Widholm, Director and Chief Curator, DePaul Art Museum, Chicago, IL
There are application and exhibitor fees.
For more information please visit: www.startupartfair.com/CHI or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Startup Art Fair LLC
San Francisco, CA
Contact: Ray Beldner