Artist Call DetailLottery for the Arts 2017
For International artists
WHAT IS LOTTERY FOR THE ARTS?
The Lottery for the Arts is a fundraising event that provides art collectors with an opportunity to acquire original works of fine art, while supporting a non-profit organization and community of artists.
Throughout the evening of the Lottery event, tickets are drawn at random. As each ticket is called out, the ticket holder chooses a piece of art from the gallery walls. At the end of the evening, each ticket holder goes home with a work of art valued from $175 up to thousands of dollars.
- Gregory Kondos will be the judge this year for first ($300), second ($200) and third ($100) prizes.
- Juried Exhibition: Approximately 150 pieces of art will be accepted by a jury of peers and committee members. The exhibit will be on display at the Blue Line Arts May 30th - June 1st, 2017. Visitors will be encouraged to vote for their favorite piece of art.
- Online Gallery & Program: Accepted pieces will appear on Blue Line Arts' website. Each piece featured on the website will include: artist name; title, medium and retail value of artwork; artist statement; and link to artist website, blog, or facebook page.
- Electronic Invitations will be available to each artist to invite their patrons to view the exhibit, vote for their favorite artwork and participate in the Lottery (tickets $175 per couple).
- Artists Reception & $250 People’s Choice Award: Private reception for the artists and major Blue Line Arts donors will be held Weds, May 31st, 5:30 - 7pm. People’s Choice Award will be announced at 6:30pm.
- Entries must be received by May 10th, 2017
- Artwork must be original. Open to all media. Note: Reproductions (such as giclées) will not be considered.
- Artwork must have a minimum retail value of $175, (2D) framed and/or ready for hanging, (3D) freestanding, ready for display -- gallery will provide sculpture stands during the exhibit.
- Size limitations: Must fit through doors with clear entry of 94” h x 91” w. Height limit for all artwork is 108” (9ft). Weight limit is 60 lbs.
- Online at www.bluelinearts.org go to call to artists
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE/ DENIAL will be sent out May 12, 2017.
ARTWORK DELIVERY/ SHIPPING
Delivery and shipping of accepted artwork is the responsibility of the artist. All accepted artwork must arrive to the gallery by May 28th or May 29th from 10am to 3pm.
Blue Line Arts
Contact: Tony Natsoulas