Artist Call DetailCapitola Begonia Festival 2017 Poster
For Central Coast artists
The Capitola Begonia Festival Committee invites local artists to submit an extraordinary piece of art to serve as the official poster for the 65th Annual and Final Capitola Begonia Festival to be held September 1 – 4, 2017.
“Begonias Take a Bow!” is the 2017 festival theme, reflecting how begonias have been “center stage” at the Capitola Begonia Festival for 65 years.
Artwork Selection Considerations:
- Artwork does not have to reflect the theme, but the committee traditionally favors it
- Entries must be original art; use of copyrighted material is not accepted
- All mediums are accepted; both vertical and horizontal images are acceptable
- Do not include text as part of the design
- Image design and colors are suitable for poster format, print and web applications, and transfer clearly to women and men’s apparel (e.g. muted colors and highly detailed designs do not transfer to apparel well; some artwork would not appeal to both genders)
The selected artist will be asked to allow the Begonia Festival to use all or part of their art on all of the various marketing pieces associated with the Festival.
The Begonia Festival Committee will digitize the image and provide the Graphics for the finished 18” by 24” poster. See prior poster images at www.begoniafestival.com under the Past Festivals tab.
The Capitola Begonia Festival pays the selected artist $500 for the rights to use the artwork for posters, merchandising, and publicity. The artist also receives 75 of the finished posters. The artist’s biography is featured in the Festival program and website.
Submit your entry to the Capitola Chamber of Commerce at 716 #G Capitola Ave., Capitola during the week of March 27 – 31, 2017. On the back provide your name, address, phone number and email address.
Capitola Begonia Festival
Contact: Mary Beth Cahalen